The German team for the MPA project in the Weddell Sea consists of representatives from the following federal ministries and their subordinate agencies:
- Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture
- Lead ministry for the WSMPA initiative
- Provides the German CCAMLR Commissioner
- Federal Ministry of Education and Research,
- Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection with its subordinate agencies, the German Environment Agency, the Federal Agency for Nature Conservation, and the German Maritime Museum
- Federal Foreign Office
The German team also includes the scientific team of the Alfred Wegener Institute.